We are thrilled to be collaborating with the Alzheimer’s Association, an Honoring Choices Alliance Partner, to cross-train our respective partners and staff, to start early and effective planning discussions to know and honor an individual’s care choices. Planning ahead and all through a progressive dementia diagnosis is essential to ensure we understand an adult’s values and care choices, and can help family and clinicians match quality care for healthy aging.
In a joint Alzheimer’s Association-Honoring Choices MA Workshop “Planning Ahead to Age Well with Dementia”, October 31, Waltham, we’ll hold back-to back sessions to expand the knowledge and tool kits for all our care providers. At the 10:30am-12:00pm session for Alzheimer’s Association partners & staff , Ellen DiPaola, President, Honoring Choices MA will provide a structured approach to health care planning and review the “Getting Started” and “Next Steps” Tool Kits to help all adults make a health care plan. At the 1:00-2:30pm session for Honoring Choices Partners & Ambassadors, Ronda Randazzo, MSW, LICSW, CDP, Manager of Education, Alzheimer’s Association will provide up-to-date information and strategies to start early and on-going discussions with adults with memory concerns and how to best support, families and caregivers as the disease progresses.
All care providers will learn about:
- Starting a Planning Discussion using the “Getting Started Tool Kit”
- Early Detection & Diagnosis: “Know the 10 signs” for early discussion and needed care
- Healthy Aging to End of Life Care: What to expect as the disease progresses, and helpful communication strategies
- Tools & Discussion Guides including the “Next Steps Tool Kit” and Palliative Care;
- Essential Resources for adults, families & caregivers.
By popular request, we have added a Western MA “Planning Ahead to Age Well with Dementia” workshop for care providers on November, 8, 2018, 8:30am-10am at Linda Manor Assisted Living, Leeds MA.
Read more about the workshops and REGISTER HERE.