Your Health Care. Your Choice.
It's more important than ever! Make a plan for better care over your lifetime.
Take Control of Your Health Care
Every adult, starting at 18 years old, can make a personal care plan to improve everyday wellness and get good care over your lifetime.
Honoring Choices Massachusetts (HCM) is a consumer-focused and community based non-profit organization. We inform and empower adults to take control of their health care choices and make a personal health care plan. We partner with thousands of health care providers across the Commonwealth who help engage adults in planning discussions and connect them to good care in their community.
Make Your Own Plan
Our signature Who’s Your Agent?® Program makes it easy to start to make your own personal plan with free tool kits and multilingual planning documents.
Get Help: Meet our Amazing Partner Network
The Honoring Choices Community Partners, can help adults make a plan, and connect adults to needed care and services in their community.
Transform Health Care Planning. Advance Health Equity
Consumers and care providers are transforming care planning to improve everyday health and ensure an person's care choices are known and honored over their lifetime. Together are taking action to improve our policies and programs and increase access to timely, equitable, high quality care.
Make Your Own Plan
Every adult can make their own care plan. Honoring Choices MA (HCM) provides a simple structured approach to health care planning used by both consumers and health care providers for effective conversations that help providers match care to your personal care goals and choices.
Our Health Care Planning Process is not just about planning for future care, but getting good care today and all through your lifetime. It's both:
- Everyday Care Planning: to talk with your health care providers about your goals to stay healthy and improve well-being; and,
- Advance Care Planning: to write down your care choices in MA documents which communicate your choices if you are not able to yourself.
Our signature Who’s Your Agent?® Program provides a trusted source of Massachusetts health care planning information and two easy to use tool kits:
Choose a trusted person to be your Health Care Agent (Agent). Appoint your Agent in a legal document called a Health Care Proxy.
Write down your instructions for the care you want and do not want, what you value most, and any personal messages in a document called a Personal Directive or Living Will.
Use our handy discussion guide to talk about your care goals and treatment choices to stay healthy and live well over your lifetime.
Get Help: Meet the Honoring Choices Partners
Our Partners help adults make a plan and connect to care in their community.
The Honoring Choices MA (HCM) Partners Network is a collaborative team of hundreds of health care providers, local community organizations, and state and membership organizations, who use the Honoring Choices programs and tools-
- The Community Partners, Alliance Partners and New England Partners below are care providers and community professionals helping to standardize health care planning and engage adults in planning conversations.
- The Consumer Health Equity Advisory Group below elevates the voice of adults, families, caregivers and advocates to improve our systems and guide program and policy change.
Transform Health Care Planning. Advance Healthy Equity.
Honoring Choices Massachusetts (HCM) is changing the way we engage in health care planning to get good care TODAY and everyday over your lifetime.
Guided by diverse consumer voices and the collective expertise of the HCM Partners, we are taking action to transform the planning process to improve health outcomes, address policies and programs to advance health equity, and build more responsive care delivery systems. Here's are some of our exciting initiatives-
- Health Care Planning Roadmap: A Guide to Planning at Every Phase of Health
- A trusted source of curated information based on MA law, which includes free downloadable tools and links to useful resources.
- Consumer Health Equity Advisory Group
- Elevating the consumer voice to help set the agenda for meaningful change. Everyone is welcome!
- Ensuring Protections & Improving Care for Seriously Ill Adults
- Serious Illness MOLST-POLST Challenge. See Timeline and the latest progress.
- Guardianship - Serious Illness MOLST-POLST Advisory Group.
Click on the blue buttons below to read more!