Host a Health Care Planning Ambassador Workshop
Ambassadors start powerful planning discussions anywhere adults live, work and gather!
Here's How it Works
It's easy to start an Ambassador Program and host a workshop for your community group or health care organization. Your Ambassadors receive training in the Honoring Choices "Getting Started Tool Kit" to confidently start person-to-person health care planning discussions and host fun and informational presentations. Your group appoints a supervisor or coordinator to help your Ambassadors plan events and measure progress. Honoring Choices provides everything you'll need for a successful program.
Choose a workshop that best fits your group:
Ambassador Workshop (1 hour)
- You select or recruit interested adults to become Ambassadors for your group; or
- Host an informational community workshop for adults & families to learn how to make a plan, and recruit interested Ambassadors to establish your program.
Train-the-Trainer Ambassador Workshop (90 minutes - 2 hours)
- Train-the-Trainer Ambassador Workshop for Your Community
Co-host a community workshop and bring together your local council on aging, faith communities, physician offices, community colleges, and anyone you like. Ambassadors all use the same information and tools to start and build on planning discussions, and offer a continuum of care for adults and families. Ambassadors educate new Ambassadors.
- Train-the-Trainer Ambassador Workshop for Care Providers
Host a workshop at your hospital, skilled nursing facility, assisted living or any care organization. Invite 1-2 people from each department to become the "in-house expert" to engage adults in planning discussions and educate new Ambassadors. On-site workshop or webinar workshops available.
- Honoring Choices Who's Your Agent?® Program's Getting Started Tool Kit, and discussion guides, and multi-lingual tools;
- The Ambassador Manual provides information, discussion guides and implementation strategies;
- Ambassador Program slide deck for staff and community presentations;
- Special event materials to host fun and informational "Pizza & Proxy"; "Pie & Proxy"; or "Pancake & Proxy" events;
- Consumer Feedback Survey to record real-life challenges to accessing care in your community. You record feedback and send back to Honoring Choices. Our Partners will start to address barriers and open new pathways in your community;
- How to help adults connect to care via the Honoring Choices Regional Partner Network;
- How to "spotlight" your Ambassadors and promote your events on the Ambassador Program webpage.
All workshops are offered for a reasonable fee that includes on-site training, all educational materials and tool kits, and on-going program support. Contact Ellen DiPaola at email@example.com, or 781 642-0454.