Who's Your Agent?® Program
for Care Providers
Tools to Engage Adults in Planning Discussions
Everyone is welcome to use the Honoring Choices proven programs and tools. You do not have to be an Honoring Choices Partner.
Doctors, care providers, community professionals and all members of your care team, can use the same language, tools, and discussion guides for effective planning discussions to align care to an adult's care goals, values and care choices.
The Honoring Choices Who’s Your Agent?® Program and Tools Kits are part of a structured approach to health care planning. You can download the free tools and programs below.
Here’s our structured approach:
1. Take a quick look at the Heath Care Planning Road Map
- Where is your patient/client on their health care journey? This simple road map helps you consider what to think about, talk about, and the tools kits to offer to write down care choices.
2. Review the 3-Step Health Care Planning Guide
- This step-by-step process helps adults explore information to make care choices, write down their choices in a personal plan, and put their plan into action to honor their choices. It provides an empowering model to start a discussion.
3. Download the Who’s Your Agent?® Program Tool Kits and translated documents
- Getting Started Tool Kit: When adults are ready to write down their care choices, this tool kit provides a Health Care Proxy, Personal Directive, and discussion guides to promote everyday wellness.
- Next Steps Tool Kit: To build on your discussions and help adults add planning documents, use this tool kit to help adults manage chronic illness and live with serious advancing illness.
- Download a single planning document. Click here to download the Health Care Proxy or Personal Directive (English).
- Download a Health Care Proxy translated into Spanish, Portuguese, Vietnamese, Traditional Chinese, Russian, Khmer, Haitian Creole, Arabic and Albanian.
4. Use the “5 Things to Talk About with Your Patient & Clients” discussion guide series
Let’s work together
Become an Honoring Choices Partner
Honoring Choices is a collaborative initiative to provide a structured approach to health care planning for both consumers and care providers. We offer free downloadable tools that provide a common, unified language and set of Massachusetts planning documents. If you are using Honoring Choices program & tools, we'd like to let consumers in your community know you can help to start a discussion and get them connected to quality care.
Please consider becoming a Community Partner. It's no cost and easy to do. We’ll tailor a program for your group to enhance your mission, educate staff, and incorporate our proven programs into your existing programs. You become part of a dynamic regional network of partners who create a continuum of care in your community. For further information, contact Ellen DiPaola at email@example.com
Did You Know?
A Health Care Agent is the person you choose to be your advocate.
A Health Care Proxy is the legal document where you appoint your Health Care Agent.