Connect: Put Your Plan into Action
Talk with your doctors & care providers to align the best possible care to your goals, values and choices. You can start a discussion with these simple questions or use the "5 Things to Talk About" discussion guides below.
- "Here's how I'm feeling today"... to promote your everyday health
- "What's ahead for me?"... to plan for future care, and
- "Here are my goals for care — how can we get there?"... to match the best possible care to your choices.
"5 Things To Talk About ..." Discussion Guides
Handy guides to have effective consumer-clincian planning conversations.
The "5 Things to Know" series offers both the consumer and care provider a common place to start a goals of care planning discussion, and continue to engage in effective discussions at every phase of health. The handy discussion guides are built on an adult's top legal and patient rights to direct their care decisions and receive the best possible care today and over their lifetime.
Anyone can start a planning discussion. The handy guides make it easy.
- Select a guide below for Consumers or Care Providers.
- The Consumer Guides and Care Provider Guides mirror each other — they have the same topics and questions.
- Simply start with the first question on the guide or choose one or more questions that are important to you.
- Talk about your care goals and make a plan to get good care that aligns with your care goals, values and choices.
To Get Started: Download the Everyday Care Guide or any guide you like.