With the guidance of our Rhode Island (RI)Partners, we put together a simple health care planning tool kit for RI residents.
Starting at 18 years old, adults can make their own health care decisions and write down their decisions in a health care plan. The RI Care Planning Tool Kit includes state specific care planning information, RI documents, and links to local resources. It strengthens the work of our New England Healthy Living Collective to help adults make a plan that will be honored in their home state and across New England.
RI residents can download the RI Care Planning Tool Kit here, and get started on your no cost RI Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care.
Many thanks to our RI Partners who provided up to date information and guidance on the tool kit:
• Therese Rochon, MS, MA, FNP-C, ACHPN, Director, Community Based Palliative
Care, VNA Care New England
• Kelly Baxter, DNP, FNP-BC, ACHPN, Baxter Palliative Consulting, LLC
• Nelia Odom, Healthcentric Advisors
• Jeannine Casselman, Esq., Legal Director, MLPB, RI Digital Digest
• Patricia A Chace MD, CMD, Medical Director, OPTUM Complex Care Management
• Christine McMichael, Executive Director, Hospice & Palliative Care Federation of MA
• Catherine Taylor, Executive Director, Age Friendly Rhode Island