Who’s Your Agent?®
Who’s Your Agent?®
“Who’s Your Agent? is the first public health education and engagement program to help Massachusetts adults open the door to health care planning discussions and receive person-centered care all through your life.
It has two easy to use Tool Kits: “Getting Started” and “Next Steps”. The tool kits are step-by-step guides that help you to start a planning discussion to make choices for care, write down your choices using the 5 Massachusetts planning documents, and receive care that honors your values and choices at every phase of health.
Getting Started Tool Kit
START HERE to make your personal plan. It’s as easy as 1-2-3! This guide helps you to:
- Choose a Health Care Agent in a Health Care Proxy;
- Write down your choices for care in a Personal Directive;
- Talk with your care providers to align care to your choices.
Getting Started Tool Kit: Click here to download and print.
Not sure who to choose as your Agent yet? No Problem!
Just start with the Step 2 and a Personal Directive. You can start to make your plan by thinking about what you want for care and writing down what’s important to you in a Personal Directive.
Next Steps Tool Kit
Now that you have started to make a plan with a Health Care Proxy and Personal Directive, you can build on your discussions and add/update planning documents to receive care that aligns with your values and choices at every phase of health.
This guide helps you to:
- Talk with your Agent & family about your changing health care needs and your priorities for care;
- Talk with your doctors & care providers using the “5 Things to Talk About … Chronic Illness Guide and Serious Illness Guide;
- Update & add to your personal plan with a Durable Power of Attorney;
- Learn about making choices for CPR and life-sustaining treatments with your clinicians using a Medical Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment Order (MOLST), and a Comfort Care/Do Not Resuscitate Order (CC/DNR);
- Learn about Palliative Care;
- Learn about Hospice Care.
Next Steps Tool Kit: Click here to download and print.
Get Help to Make a Plan
The Honoring Choices Community Partners can help you get started on your plan. Our Partners have the Who’s Your Agent? Program Tool Kits and can help you and your family start a health care planning discussion and review the planning documents. Read more about our Community Partners and locate a Partner near you.