Become a Community Partner!
Help Adults in your Community Make a Plan and Connect to Care
We partner with community groups, faith and cultural groups, care professionals, and health care providers so you can help adults in your community to start a discussion, make a health care plan, and connect to lifelong person-centered care.
Everyone can become a Partner. It is no cost and easy to do. We’ll customize educational materials and proven programs that fold into your existing programs, so you can engage adults in health care planning.
As a Partner, you become part of a growing network that shares resources and coordinates care for adults and families in your community.
We offer Community Partners:
- Co-branded health care planning educational materials and MA planning tools;
- Who’s Your Agent?® Program, Educational Tool Kit & Staff Workshop;
- Regional quarterly networking meetings with fellow Partners;
- Health Care Planning Facilitator Courses, fee-based and optional (see below).
2016 Health Care Planning Facilitator Course
We offer a Facilitator Course exclusively for Honoring Choices Partners.
NEXT COURSE November 16, 8-Noon, Somerville Cambridge Elder Services
Honoring Choices Health Care Planning Facilitator Course
This course is exclusively for Honoring Choices Community Partners, and community groups, care professionals, and health care providers. The Partner selects appropriate staff to attend the Facilitator course. Honoring Choices Facilitators learn how to engage adults in health care planning discussions and help adults exercise their legal rights to make a Massachusetts health care plan, implement our “Explore- Plan-Connect” care planning model using the 5 Massachusetts planning documents, and broaden your local network with other Partners to offer coordinated person-centered care to adults and families in your community. The Facilitator becomes a Partner’s ‘in-house expert’ who can help educate colleagues, offer community outreach presentations, and coordinate with Honoring Choices to promote and support your program as it grows. Course fee is $185 per person. 2016 Courses:
- Wednesday, March 30, Minuteman Senior Services, Bedford
- Wednesday, May 25, HESSCO Elder Services, Sharon
- Wednesday, August 3, Conference Center Waltham in the Woods, Waltham
- Thursday, November 16, Somerville Cambridge Elder Services
- By Mail: CLICK HERE to download the Registration form and Pay by Check
- On-Line: CLICK HERE to Register and Pay by Credit Card
- For Course Information: Click here.
How to Become a Community Partner
It’s simple and no cost to become a Community Partner. Just send us a note below or call us at 781 642-0454 to get started. We ask our Community Partners to work collaboratively and help coordinate care for adults in their community, and collect simple data on the positive outcomes of your program goals.
Come Join the Growing Network
Become a Partner and help ensure all Massachusetts residents, including our most vulnerable and under served citizens, have access to early and on-going health care planning and receive quality care that honors their values and choices.
Contact us to learn more about the Community Partner Agreement.
If you are interested in becoming a partner or would like to know more, please fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you promptly.